Warehouse costs

• I'm a bit confused about the taxes we pay for warehouses. Until recently I thought that the tax is only 280 gold for each warehouse.

Now I clicked my warehouses again, and I see costs of 350 gold or more. Now I'm not sure how to decide when the tavern mission that offers to rent your warehouses is worth accepting (though they usually ask for more space than I can reasonably provide anyway).

I also remember someone saying that it's not worth building warehouses at all (probably on one of the old forums that are gone now). Apparently someone made some calculations and figured that it's cheaper to just rent additional warehouses.

Any thoughts?

• I'm a bit confused about the taxes we pay for warehouses. Until recently I thought that the tax is only 280 gold for each warehouse.

Now I clicked my warehouses again, and I see costs of 350 gold or more. Now I'm not sure how to decide when the tavern mission that offers to rent your warehouses is worth accepting (though they usually ask for more space than I can reasonably provide anyway).

I found what was causing this - the displayed price includes the cost of additional guards :) Hiring them gets expensive...

• Rented storage comes at 1 GS per 10 barrels and day, so a warehouse will be more cost-efficient if it is used to a certain capacity. The reason why some players avoid them can be found somewhere else: they require building space and construction workers' time, which can be invested more efficiently into production plants or houses. If you do not intend to max out your cities, go ahead and build some warehouses.

I remember doing some calculations about the tavern mission and I found that it was worth accepting if you can provide for more than 5/7 of the required storage yourself. However, I considered the warehouses "free" as they were there anyway. If you build them specifically for the tavern mission, figures will change dramatically.