Lift-off from a Cast-off

• Hi, dear fellow traders,

After 2 years of wandering about, I am todays preparing to play Patrician 3 again. One year of absentia passed with Patrizier Online; another year with Victoria. While waiting Hearts of Iron 3, I wish to emerge again to Patrician 3's wonderful atmosphere...because there is no better game around, at least from my angle of view.

This may be another shot worth to try, after my first published game who broke 3 million inhabitants barrier for the first time in Patrician 2/3 history. I will choose the map used by Ugh! for his last unfinished game, with default prodicons in 40 cities, all with Stockholm layout. I wish to begin this project from exactly where I stopped:

In order to undertake this long gaming session (ca. one real year) one needs some motivating elements; so I precise my objectives:

1./ Number of inhabitants...Of course any beggars in account; only peoples from poor, wealthy and rich strata on the published savegame.

2./ Number of ships... included staff and tonnage values.

3./ Aesthetics... Best possible appearence of city skyline; harmonious disposition of all city elements under civil-engineering concepts of the Game.

Needless to say, all building activities will be applied under Turkish building technique.

Best fun to all
    MoS

Inventor of the "Turkish Building Technique"

Game Ratings:
    First time total population beyond 3Mio frontier:3 045 259
    Current Game: P2_Herz andP2_Kanoneof course..

Verloren ist nur, wer sich selbst aufgibt.
    Lost are only those, who abandon themselves.

• The actual Game dates around February 1301.

Well, to my very great surprise, I did do find again embedded with an immense fun to the Game, after all those wanderings outside...Patrician World took me again in its very sophisticated dynamics, with this fresh ambience of regaining good old familiarity, and with irresistible appeal to try or find or refine some more moves about critical parameters of the gameplay... I am happy to find my game progress in a bold / aggressive shape, and "The Concept" continues to amaze me as how deep and inexhaustible is.

So from the beginning, circa 10 months of gameplay passed. It took me one month of real time... Having already mastered most of the infra/innerstructure of the Game, it is now a pure pleasure with every captured ship, every completed building or every curves rising in a never seen manner. Really, not simply a mere pleasure of repeating what's already done.

Trying to achieve utmost efficieny, as of 8 February 1301, 1358 ships were managed to be gathered under the same flag. This makes 4 ships/day, a very stunning ratio in ship gathering. It makes me very motivated to easily bring 20 000 ships, as one of my old wishes for a single game / single owner.

My actual Game is also pivoting in u>l>t>r>a-rapid expansions. It is still premature to observe and evaluate some situations, but it seems with some radical time-saving measures and never applied tactics, another series of motivating results are not very far to be obtained.

And for population record...Of course, I am currently playing to obtain this ultimate goal. Single Game @ Patrician Level, without dissimulations, without cheats or other dirty tricks, I am confidently progressing my game to break this Mother of all Records.

Best fun to all.

MoS

Game Ratings:

• Beside thinking twice to invest nightloads of time, this very aggressive kind of ship gathering may very well be judged as a completely futile diversion.

or there may be some righteous questions like this from Patricianworld Board:

Zitat

Originally posted by Ocean Pirate

.....but i was wondering wat u did with 16000 ships? i only have 5 ships and i seem to be able to cover all the areas from london to ladoga.

My action is backed with multiple reasons: But before beginning to materialize this doctrine, a consensus must be established about the *utility* of the system. These arguments are only valid for a very quick set of actions, to achieve an already solid game-base, even just towards to beginning of Summer 1301... What I understand of a solid base, is keeping game afloat without compromise, firstly in financial, then logistical, and finally in material basis.

So what one can do with sooo many ships?

*/ With so many ships, you can interact with all 40 cities simultaneously, even after the first weeks of the Game. You can develop your zone of influence in Hanse-wide; not otherwise in your preferred/forced small regions. This will lead >> you can serve (or in medieval terms: control) more population. More population means more demand for your goods, and more rents for your hardly built homes. Always set your rent tariff to extra high; this will not hurt under this abundant delivery (thanks to many ships) of goods.

*/ Very 'rapid' and 'unnumerable' capture of all kind of ships from all kind of sources, has catapulted my Company Value to never already seen numbers from my old games. Civil units w/all goods, pirate units w/all arms (to name a few,only remember one cutlass cost 100 Thaler, and after a few months from the beginning, there were thousands at Arsenals) made beyond-estimation assets.

*/ Connected to Company Value, this will lead to quick jump in social ladder. In addition, its cost is nearly negligible in comparing with building and creating jobs, otherwise.

*/ With soo many ships, you can use them as floating storage depots. This will spectacularly diminish your otherwise huge storage costs... Just form a convoy, even without skeleton crew.

*/ With soo many ships, you can always keep necessary amounts of beggars to use for your rapid growth needs, whenever and wherever, to your heart's desire.

*/ At the very beginning, after being a member of the town's Guild, you can sell your many ships in a row, for hot cash money. While you may take maximum of 40-50K of loan, it is a kiss of life while you can sell all those surplus ships. Another rapid growth sine qua non condition.

*/ With soo many ships, after discovering all Mediterranean Ports very quickly, you may import (if possible export too) many lucrative goods; while you may concentrate to more vital productions at homeland.

*/ You can form very quickly a Supply Convoy for each 40 city. The earlier the better. You can then eliminate from the very early months, the facts and risks of accumulations (money lost) and shortages (money lost).

*/ You can form very quickly *multiple* convoys of construction materials. You can then minimize the waste of times (money lost) caused by one or two big construction (Brick-Timber-Iron Goods-Hemp) convoys.

*/ With soo many ships, you can add even many mooore ships to your fleet.

------------------

Good evening and happy gaming sessions to all.

MoS

Game Ratings: