Ballot

• Synopsis Contest 2008

Hi all:

Since this poll is well under way, I tried to find the quintessence of the proposals for 2008. Numbers from 1 - 9 conform to those in the poll (cf. Tristan). You will be able to ballot until January 7, 2008. Just to give you an idea - here we go:

1. Hein

Map: standard
    Level of difficulty: high
    Arbitrage: no
    Piracy:
    Imports from Med: no
    S/L:
    Ships: 2
    Money: 100 000
    Needs: high
    Pirates:
    Prince:
    Settlement: bonus
    Start: 1311
    Town: Oslo or Riga
    Plants: 0
    Duration 6 years

Intention: Growth, contentment.

2. Tristan/Frank (online)

Map: Modified (12)
    Level of difficulty:
    Arbitrage:
    Piracy:
    Imports from Med:
    S/L:
    Ships: 2
    Money: 30 000
    Needs:
    Pirates:
    Prince:
    Settlement:
    Start: 1300
    Town: 4 towns
    Plants:
    Duration 26 years

Intention: Tristan’s and Frank’s suggestion for an online-contest (team of 4 players) could also be done offline, all on your own. No imports of salt, spices, and furs. No tricks regarding demolition and auctions.

3. Swartenhengst

Be the best mayor of all times and get as many different monuments as you can! Until this very day, only 4 are known: Mayor with steering wheel, sword, scales, or anchor. You might even be the first get another monument – and win.

4. Fafafin

Map: Standard+
    Level of difficulty: councelor
    Arbitrage:
    Piracy:
    Imports from Med:
    S/L:
    Ships:
    Money:
    Needs:
    Pirates:
    Prince:
    Settlement: bonus
    Start:
    Town:
    Plants:
    Duration 3 years

Intention: Bonus for mayor, alderman, and more. Forum decides where to start (poll). Different evaluation for pirates and “doves”.

5. elite64

A common platform for pirates and peaceful merchants. Hanse should grow permanently. Criteria for evaluation: Residents in the Hanse should be evenly spread, regarding all towns and social levels.

6. Larsson

Map: Modified (12 or 14)
    Arbitrage: First 4 months

Intention: Logistics. Evaluation: Growth of population; structure.

7. Gesil

Map: Modified (12)
    Level of difficulty: merchant
    Arbitrage:
    Piracy:
    Imports from Med:
    S/L:
    Ships: high
    Money: high
    Needs:
    Pirates:
    Prince: low
    Settlement:
    Start:
    Town:
    Plants:
    Duration

Intention: Well, mine was to do Gesil’s suggestion justice, but I’m afraid I had to cut many of the details, e. g. regarding towns and range of goods. I’m well into the small hours where I live ;-) .

8. Gesil

Part 1:
    Scenario/setting “bad harvest/crop failure”. I don’t know if this is included in P III. This is ready-made but really tough: Winter is nearing, the amount of grain you got in the beginning is all you will have until next spring. Duration: 6 months. Try not to lose more than 4000 inhabitants of the Hanse. Better: Try to have the most inhabitants! No one achieved this so far, not even Gesil could take the trick.

Part 2:

Endless contest, based on a modified map (40). Evaluation: Number of inhabitants, structure.

9. Steersman

“Seventeen cities, varying goods. Some produce multiple goods, as many as fourteen, and some are producing only three. There are no real efficient chains (like efficient timber, iron ore and iron goods in the same town), you do need to do a good deal of trading. The game starts off with four ships -- a cog and three snaikkas -- and about nine hundred in cash in the city named Principality of Luebeck. You are already a guild member, too. The names of the cities are different. They are: Imperial Free City of Koln, Imperial Free City of Hamburg, Free Port of Visby, Khanate of Riga, Khanate of New Reval (at site of Pernau), Koenigsquisbergmel, Rookhaven, County of Torun, Barony of Danzig, Port of Naevstedt, Aalborg, Brugge, London Town, Grand Duchy of Haarlem, the Earldom of Tonsberg, and the Domains of MacNeal.

The rules are simple: You may pirate, but may not save and reload to avoid penalties. So, if you have captured or looted ten ships and haven't been indicted, you are basically disqualified as a not honest player. You may pay fines, or bribe your way out.

You may only capture one pirate ship a month. No more. Only twelve a year. Build all the ships you want. Notices of ship launches are checked, against total numbers of ships per month.

Scoring is only for rich citizens, 100% for very happy times their population, 80% times the population for happy, and down 20% in scoring each downtick. January 1st, annually is the scoring date.

Five hundred points for each different type of statue erected to you.

No arbitrage allowed (buying and selling same goods in the same town using a captain to generate free money), no money tricks of any kind, no hemp tricks, and no Turkish building. Blocks of six are allowed, no more. No outrigger trick.

Piracy is set low. Trading, satisfaction, the prince, etc are all set highest difficulty. Overall level is councillor. The Med cities have apparently been checked to favor foreign trading, export driven.”

My hammock is waiting. Over,

Charlotte

"Wir sind verletzt, aber wir stehen wieder auf."

Berlin - Breitscheidplatz, zum 19. Dezember 2016.

P2 1.1/P4 2.0.4